Subscribe to the monthly newsletter.
(Fill in the boxes on the right under the video. Your details are safe.)
Donate to the tip jar.
(So I can buy more herbal teas.)
You like the newsletter and fancy contributing? Aw, shucks! Thanks, honey. Here’s how.
Current issue (no spoilers):
33. 7th May 2013. Bell curves and diving deep.
Past issues (with topics list):
32. 7th April 2013. Retreat! But not, like, run away. Just deep ponderings.
retreat!, backwards is forwards: a retreat is more of an advance, retreat for women in business, the power of words, Carl Rogers quote
31. 7th March 2013. Contains words and fantastical creatures.
paracosm, Anxiety Group (spoken word poetry), creative journey, breath, fantastical creatures, binocular football
30. 7th February 2013. Fancy teas and yoga. It makes sense.
creative commons, tip jar, yoga, art and movement, leadership and followers by Derek Sivers
29. 7th January 2013. Best wishes for 2013 my duckies!
Top Three Priorities, space and decluttering, urban art on a decommissioned cruiser, craft (the knifemaker), jar of goodness
28. 7th December 2012. An uncharacteristic mention and a ton of inspiration.
2013 Moon Diary, cymatics, Chinese grandfather models fashion range for women, two parables and a big question: falling in love, toy train in space, slinkys, choreography, fake beauty advert, the last page on the internet
27. 7th November 2012. A bit of ranting and a lot of inspiration.
a few thoughts about feelings, a bit of a rant about buying stuff, about money and stuff, inspiring ways to be in the world: core values, advice on reading, a bias for trust, about making excuses, the global village, where the internet lives, the intersection of creativity + human body (circus), Seth on choices, innovation and the race to the top
26. 7th October 2012. In celebration of creative genius.
the play instinct, tool: use your gut instinct, how trees communicate, Sweet Brown (Aim’t nobody got time for that), glass harp, Tron light dance, parkour/freerunning, amazing mind reader reveals his ‘gift’, epic bus ad from Denmark, Jamin Winans: Ink, Spin, and Seth on trying stuff
25. 7th September 2012. Gratitude and a sense of perspective – mark 2.
Pomplamoose covering Nature Boy, your fears erased here daily, about overwhelm, about answers (and questions), about the present, movement and dance, Songbirds (Laurie Anderson), comprehending large numbers, spider yelling
24. 7th August 2012. About Creativity and God. Also, motorbikes.
about creativity and god, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Wrong Way Corrigan, destruction and regeneration, light and dark, hope and despair, Gotan Project, Woodkid, of art and business, cycling treasure hunt (Sustrans ad), Guiness dancing man, serious Victorian photoshoot, Olympic bodies
23. 8th July 2012. Because life’s not always bloody brilliant.
the long story and working my way back to okay, ‘If I had a daughter’ (spoken word poetry, Sarah Kay), about idleness, about pain and presence, make everything okay, Batman vs Superman, Jeremiah McDonald’s screen calentures
22. 7th June, 2012. Wishing you spaciousness. And clarity.
children’s things and play, where’s Wall-e, real toys from drawings, tiny promises, movement to watch
21. 7th May, 2012. Leaning into the winds of change.
imagination, the meaning of life (1), (2) and (3), patterns in space: tape generations and spider web weaving
20. 7th April, 2012. Because. Just, because.
creativity, flow and brain function, synesthesia, the Saltburn Yarnbomber, InstaPoem, click the squares (like endless rain into a paper cup), don’t beat yourself up, Little Boxes (Walk Off The Earth), yes is the new normal
19. 7th March, 2012. Because art is essential.
Steal Like an Artist (Austin Kleon), Malcolm Gladwell on geniuses, creativity and possibility, energy, re-captcha, life!, boundaries, trust, the map and the compass, adaptation, meaning, temporary spiritual tattoos, the sky, wind harp, wind sculptures, doormouse snoring, hummingbird snoring, Laura Zollar
18. 7th February, 2012. About creativity, mindfulness and much, much more.
is creativity teachable, white noise, working intentionally, about wings and flight, a few thoughts about healing pain, pattern game, John Steinbeck on falling in love, mindfulness in 5 minuscule chapters, The Journeyman: a steamer trunk for a jeanmaker (mindful craftsmanship)
17. 7th January, 2012. About connection, and everything else too.
The Specials Board, the Eden project, networked knowledge and combinatorial creativity, unconventional definitions, how DARE you, When wanderers cease to roam: a traveller’s journal of staying put (Vivian Swift), type like a hacker, reflective and quiet notes about pain, dancing grandfather
16. 7th December, 2011. About sleep, QR codes, and more sleep.
sleep is underrated, we are all weird (Seth Godin), unconventionality, Scott Stratten ranting about QR codes, illness, genes and environment, SLEEP
15. 7th November, 2011. About love, courage, and wasting time.
NaNoWriMo, Write or Die, of the importance of wasting time, Love Actually (Ignite Cardiff #7), feeding the hungry, Nate Damm walked across America, “why not?”, hope less + realize more, courage, possibility
14. 7th October, 2011. Of the importance of play.
play, to-do lists, overwhelm and brain freeze, Teux Deux, delegate, karoshi: death from overwork, Steve Jobs, what’s the worst thing, look at that old man dance (we are doing it all wrong), the Black Book of Colours, decide to rise, your options according to Yoda
13. 9th September, 2011. Blame vs responsibility.
blame vs responsibility, using to-do lists, letting go of old wounds, focus, Lisa at Zen at Play, wasting time, Mr W (the story of a misunderstood soul), scan your stuff!, 50 ways to cope with stress
12. 7th August, 2011. In which I’m on holidays.
follow your joy, do, diary, delegate, dump, scared vs ‘newfeeling’, the heckler in your head, visual poetry + dance animation, printed book and physical hyperlinks, cheap flights with subtitles, declaration (this is how I serve)
11. 7th July, 2011. In which I explain what I do.
what I do (uncrumpling minds and smoothing out lives), being organised: making decisions, not accepting the bad days, Amber Rae, self-reliance, jelly, make everything okay, take what you need
10. 7th June, 2011. In which I give thanks for the month just past.
giving thanks, the Paradox Experience, being organised: reverse dates and electronic filing, improving the world unashamedly, Amy R Martin, fund for teachers, Aaron Reedy TEDx Talk, showing up completely alive, shadow and light art
9. 7th May, 2011. In which I reflect on compliments.
compliments, being organised: email inbox & having it your way, owning our story, Brene Brown, authenticity, Oren Lavie (Her Morning Elegance), Sir Ken Robinson on schools and creativity, colouring for grown-ups, click the squares (like endless rain into a paper cup)
8. 7th April, 2011. In which I follow the rabbit holes.
following the rabbit holes, play, idleness and being, shiva nata epiphanies, passion and belief, Havi Brooks, StereoMood, imagination is everything (Tim ‘Livewire’ Shieff), Drive: the surprising truth about what motivates us (Daniel Pink)
7. 7th March, 2011. In which I discover I can use my own initiative more.
open space technology, personal initiative, being organised: having a system, paths and heart, Carlos Castaneda, Kathryn T Hunter (the Social Caterpillar), meditation timer online, Wordles, teaching a child to ride a bike
6. 7th February, 2011. In which I ponder humanity’s shift in consciousness.
humanity’s shift in consciousness, being organised: space matters, what does love mean, Eleanor Wragg: International Writer, choose joy in your body, John Cleese on creativity, the voices in your head, OK Go (White Knuckles)
5. 7th January, 2011. In which I pick a word for the year.
word for the year: powerful, how to be organised: sometimes don’t, taking stock, desire vs anticipation, Claire Raikes, mappiness, David Allen (DO Lecture), relentlessly cheerful art (James Hance)
4. 7th December, 2010. Deck the halls with boughs of holly…
preparing for the festive season, being organised: Google bookmarks, help someone because you envisage success (not necause you want to avoid failure), inventing reasons, Charlie Gilkey, Cameron Herold TEDx talk on flourishing as kids and adults, FEAR.LESS online magazine, co-working and jellys
3. 7th November, 2010. In which I share four principles that serve me well.
4 principles of open space, trust, being organised: the elephant sandwich, protecting your downtime, Danielle LaPorte (an interview in 3 questions), businessballs.com, StereoMood, when I grow up…
2. 7th October, 2010. In which I eventually remember about gratitude and a sense of perspective.
I’m freaking out (or not), perspective and gratitude, being organised: vision, goals, life lists, about productivity and downtime, changing something, Tori Deaux and the Circus Serene, Flickr pictures, Write or Die!, Teux Deux
1. 7th September, 2010. In which I set an intent for inspiration and fun.
setting an intent, being organised: the timer, Chris Guillebeau (the Art of Non-conformity), MadMimi, the Influencer Project, The Necktie (video) and following your heart’s calling